People in the News
PEOPLE IN THE NEWS WEEK OF MARCH 6, 2017
March 6, 2017 – Agent William Bailey has been named the new Public Information Officer for CNT. He replaces Sergeant Gene Harley who will be moving over to the County’s Courthouse Division. Harley has been with CNT for the past 12 years, and said that he has “worked with some of the most dedicated men and women I know. Working as a drug agent is not an easy task, but it is one agents do every day for the betterment of the community. During my time as the public information officer (PIO), I have worked with many of you closely,” he wrote the local media, in making the announcement.
* * * * *
HOS Management has announced that hospitality industry veteran Bill Dowell recently joined the company as its new director of operations, responsible for overseeing all operations and development of the HOS portfolio. Dowell comes to HOS with over 30 years serving in all aspects of hospitality; the last 11 years, he was responsible for managing a team of six quality assurance consultants, covering 650 hotels worldwide for the Quality Assurance Department for Hilton Worldwide. He has also served as general manager for Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn establishments. Originally from Cordele, Dowell studied at Valdosta State University and was a former member of Houston County CVB board of directors.
* * * * *
Ameris Bank Pooler Branch Manager Whitney Ray was recently elected to the Pooler Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors. Prior to joining the Board of Directors, Whitney was involved with the Chamber as an active member of the Ambassador Committee. As a member of the Board of Directors, she will support the Chamber’s mission of promoting a positive business environment and supporting economic development through networking, teamwork and innovative thinking.
“Whitney is an invaluable member of the Ameris Bank team and the greater Pooler community,” said Greater Savannah Market President Jenny Gentry. “Her dedication and investment in both the economic and overall growth of Pooler is evident in her business relationships and commitment to supporting the Pooler Chamber of Commerce.”
Ray graduated magna cum laude with a Bachelor of Business Administration from South University.
* * * * *
Alba Currnette has been hired as a designer for award-winning John Davis Florist. In that role, she will coordinate floral design for all occasions, including weddings, sympathy, bar/bat mitzvah, birthdays, and more. Currnette has worked for more than 20 years in the floral industry, handling wedding design and coordination, as well as floral office management.
* * * * *
And, Senior Citizens, Inc. (SCI), a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping people age successfully, has announce that Jennifer Taylor, R.N. has been named the Adult Daytime Care Center director for Liberty County. In her position, Taylor will direct the program that serves adults with memory impairments and/or physical limitations who require care and supervision.
Prior to joining SCI, Taylor worked as a registered nurse and care manager at Coastal Home Care in Brunswick, Ga., a clinical supervisor at Parkwood Medical Center in Brunswick, and a registered nurse at Mayo Clinic Health System in Waycross, Ga.
The Adult Daytime Care Center is one of five programs provided by SCI to serve the older adults of Liberty County. This Center is unique in that it is partnered with the Neighborhood Center, a program for active adults. The many joint activities result in a continuum of care as well as enhanced socialization for both groups.
- Mar. 2 - Keith Fletcher of Speros Featured in National Magazine, Business Solutions
- Feb. 21 - Ruthie Lynah Joins Celia Dunn Sotheby’s International Realty
- Feb. 20 - Parker’s Hires Troy Krout as District Manager
- Feb. 13 – PEOPLE IN THE NEWS: New execs at Parkers and VisitSavannah
- Feb. 8 - Callawassie Island Named Winner in The Knot Best of Weddings 2016
- Jan. 3 - Page International promotes Jackie Johnson to Director of Sales
- Dec. 15 - Southside Fire/EMS & Security mourns the death today of Chief Wesley Meadows
- Dec. 13 - Leadership Southeast Georgia Announces 2017 Board of Directors
- Nov. 28 - Janice Izlar and Glenda Anderson among Gov. Deal appointments to State board
- Oct. 4 - 2016 Big Wigs Cecilia Russo and Brynn Grant Announce “Let’s Tackle Breast Cancer" Football Fundraising Weekend
- Banquet announced for Dr. Priscilla Thomas, 8th District County Commissioner, retiring after 26 years of public service to youth and her community
- June 7 - Carver Village history celebrated; Application completed for inclusion on National Register of Historic Places
- May 5 - Savannah Bananas Announce Grayson Stadium Walk of Fame
- April 29, 2016 – Savannah City Council makes appointments to Boards, Commissions and Authorities
- Feb. 4 - SCAD President and Founder Honors “Savannah Women of Vision”
- Mar. 2 - The Ronald McDonald House of the Coastal Empire Cornhole Tournament Set For March 11
- Dec. 2 - Chamber and LaunchSAVANNAH to host Holiday Oyster Roast Dec. 15
- Oct. 31 - Chamber Announces Rescheduled Bands in the Ballpark Event for Nov. 17
- Oct. 31 - 25th Anniversary Enmarket Savannah Bridge Run to be held Dec. 3
- Oct. 19 - SDRA to host Savannah Urbanism Series: Building Beauty in the Urban Environment on Oct. 20