Category: Non-Profit Organizations
Savannah Business Journal Staff Report
November 14, 2016 – Historic Savannah Foundation (HSF), a nonprofit historic preservation organization, recently announced the appointment of officers and new trustees, each of whom were selected for their leadership roles within the community, according to the organization
The following were re-elected to officer roles:
● Chair: Joe Eley, Savannah College of Art and Design Department of Historic Preservation
● Vice Chair: Brian Felder, Brian Felder & Associates, LLC
● Secretary: Sarah Lamar, HunterMaclean
● Treasurer: Susan Clifford, Hancock Askew & Co., LLP
● Parliamentarian: Gregori S. Anderson, Chatham County Building Safety and Regulatory Services
HSF also announced four new trustees: Thomas C. Bordeaux, Jr., Judge-elect of Chatham County Probate Court, and local attorney and former Savannah City Council member; Colonel George W. Bowen, USAF, Ret.; Amy Brock, owner of Amy Brock Marketing, LLC; and Emily Dickinson, executive vice president at Wet Willie’s.
“Along with our returning officers and trustees, the new board members will bring exemplary leadership and excitement to HSF’s mission of preserving and protecting Savannah’s heritage through advocacy, education, and community involvement,” said Daniel Carey, president and CEO of HSF. “We’re looking forward to working together to educate and enrich a large and diverse audience about the importance of preservation.”
Members of HSF’s Board of Trustees provide leadership by helping to establish the organization’s strategic plan, raising the necessary resources to achieve those goals and providing feedback and insight.
HSF was established in 1955 in order to save the 1820 Isaiah Davenport House from demolition. From this initial project, Historic Savannah Foundation launched a Revolving Fund which has since saved 360+ buildings. The mission of Historic Savannah Foundation is to preserve and protect Savannah’s heritage through advocacy, education and community involvement.
Overall Rating (0)
- Mar. 2 - The Ronald McDonald House of the Coastal Empire Cornhole Tournament Set For March 11
- Dec. 2 - Chamber and LaunchSAVANNAH to host Holiday Oyster Roast Dec. 15
- Oct. 31 - Chamber Announces Rescheduled Bands in the Ballpark Event for Nov. 17
- Oct. 31 - 25th Anniversary Enmarket Savannah Bridge Run to be held Dec. 3
- Oct. 19 - SDRA to host Savannah Urbanism Series: Building Beauty in the Urban Environment on Oct. 20