Savannah Business Journal Staff Report
March 24, 2017 – Savannah Mayor Eddie DeLoach joined Senior Citizens, Inc. (SCI), a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping people age successfully and the local Meals On Wheels provider, to kick off the national ‘March for Meals’ locally, at an event Friday morning.
The Mayor shared his thoughts regarding the importance of this program in this community, and the nationwide program celebrating its 45th year this month. He also touched on his own personal experience with this critical program that not only provides nutritional support but also the only social interaction that many of these seniors have each day.
After his comments, he participated in delivering meals to a few of the more than 1,000 seniors who benefit from SCI’s Meals On Wheels each day.
Senior Citizens, Inc. (SCI) has been serving coastal Georgia seniors since 1959. Its mission is to help people age successfully. Services include home-delivered meals, in-home assistance, nursing services, senior companions, adult daytime care centers, neighborhood activity centers and much more.
- Mar. 14 - United Way to honor Stacy Jennings, Jeff Kole and Kris Rice at Annual Awards Luncheon Mar. 29
- Mar. 2 - Lowcountry Down Syndrome Society Announces 2017 Board of Directors
- Feb. 21 - Flannery O’Connor Childhood Home Announces Schedule for Spring 2017 Lecture Series
- Feb. 14 - Enmarket Savannah Bridge Run presents $24,000 check to St. Joseph’s Candler’s Nancy N. and J.C. Lewis Cancer Pavilion
- Feb. 13 – Linda Hilts announces retirement at Park Place Outreach Youth Emergency Shelter
- Feb. 12 - Kiwanis of Skidaway to Hold Annual Pancake Fundraiser to Benefit Local At-Risk Youth
- Feb. 8 - Frank Callen Boys & Girls Club building off the market
- Feb. 8 - Local Nonprofit Organizations Invited to Apply for Enmarket Encourage Health Series 2017 Grant Donations
- Feb. 8 - Lowcountry Down Syndrome Society Receives $2,300 Donation
- Jan. 30 - 3rd Annual Louise Lauretti Hoops for Horizons Tournament to be held March 4
- Jan. 25 - Park Place Outreach Youth Emergency Shelter Announces Annual Gala
- Jan. 22 - Lifestyle Designer Emily McCarthy donates $2,000 to The Next Generation
- Jan. 19 - Historic Savannah Foundation hosting Open House; Accepting offers on 521 E. Bolton Street
- Dec. 19 - Sponsors of Savannah Maritime After Hours Donate to the Ronald McDonald House of the Coastal Empire
- Nov. 16 - Georgia Trust for Historic Preservation announces 2017 List of State's 10 'Places in Peril'
- Mar. 2 - The Ronald McDonald House of the Coastal Empire Cornhole Tournament Set For March 11
- Dec. 2 - Chamber and LaunchSAVANNAH to host Holiday Oyster Roast Dec. 15
- Oct. 31 - Chamber Announces Rescheduled Bands in the Ballpark Event for Nov. 17
- Oct. 31 - 25th Anniversary Enmarket Savannah Bridge Run to be held Dec. 3
- Oct. 19 - SDRA to host Savannah Urbanism Series: Building Beauty in the Urban Environment on Oct. 20