Savannah Business Journal Staff Report
April 12, 2017 - By proclamation back in 1987, April 14 is Byrd Cookie Day in Savannah, and the company will celebrate this week with FREE COOKIES for everyone! That means that anyone can stop by any Byrd’s Famous Cookies location and get a FREE ‘U-Pick ’em’ box filled with their favorites.
The company’s flagship store is located at 6700 Waters Avenue; their Pooler location at the corner of Tanger Outlet Drive and Mill Creek Drive; and Byrd Cookie Company is also in City Market at 213 W. St. Julian or 423 E. River Street.
And, the company’s Cookie Cruiser with both free cookies and ice cream cookie sandwiches will be at two locations on Friday – at their Pooler location between the hours of 10 and noon, and at Jones Red and White at 4607 Habersham Street in the Habersham Village Shopping Center from 3 until 5 on Byrd Cookie Day.
Byrd Cookie Company started making Savannah sweeter one cookie at a time in 1924. Now in the fourth generation of family leadership, Byrd’s Famous Cookies are available locally at four local stores, and are also distributed worldwide through partnerships with Delta Airlines, United Airlines, Universal Studios, Neiman Marcus Department Stores, LL Bean, Kroger and other fine retailers.
With an eye towards international growth, Byrd will soon be exporting to dozens of countries in Europe, South America, North America, and Asia.
More information on the company and its products is available at www. byrdcookiecompany.com.
Overall Rating (0)
- Mar. 2 - The Ronald McDonald House of the Coastal Empire Cornhole Tournament Set For March 11
- Dec. 2 - Chamber and LaunchSAVANNAH to host Holiday Oyster Roast Dec. 15
- Oct. 31 - Chamber Announces Rescheduled Bands in the Ballpark Event for Nov. 17
- Oct. 31 - 25th Anniversary Enmarket Savannah Bridge Run to be held Dec. 3
- Oct. 19 - SDRA to host Savannah Urbanism Series: Building Beauty in the Urban Environment on Oct. 20