Savannah Business Journal Staff Report
April 21, 2017 - Visit Savannah announced today that Laurie Humphries has joined them as Destination Services Manager. This key role on the meetings and conventions team is responsible for ensuring a positive and memorable experience for conference attendees by coordinating local vendors, transportation, and other logistics.
Prior to accepting her position at Visit Savannah, Laurie was a marketing events specialist with Great Dane Trailers where she planned and coordinated internal meetings and conferences. She has also worked as senior sales manager for the Holiday Inn Historic District and served for several years as a senior event manager for the Savannah International Trade and Convention Center.
Laurie holds a Bachelor’s degree in Communications from Coastal Carolina University in Conway, South Carolina, where she graduated with honors.
Visit Savannah serves as the official destination marketing organization for the Savannah area tourism industry and is committed to driving economic prosperity in the greater Savannah community through increased overall visitation and related spending while continuing to build upon Savannah’s image as a world-class destination.
- FEATURE: Savannah Bananas to add an air-conditioned 'club' along the Third Base line with ABR
- Mar. 27 - Choice Hotels announces new Cambria hotels & suites in Savannah, part of new hotels in 2017 pipeline
- Mar. 24 – City of Savannah announces ‘Tourism Management Plan’ meetings Mar. 27 - 30
- Mar. 20 – VisitSavannah reports Savannah awarded 2017 Accolades by Harper’s Bazaar and Southern Living
- Mar. 9 – St. Pat’s is Almost Here! World Renowned Budweiser Clydesdales to Appear in Parade
- Mar. 6 - Georgia International and Maritime Trade Center Authority Board of Directors meeting Weds.
- Mar. 3 - UPDATED – Bill to make changes to update Savannah Trade Center's Authority passes House
- Feb. 27 - New I-95 Georgia Welcome Center opens Friday, Mar. 10
- Feb. 1- Savannah’s Bed and Breakfast Zoning Regulations again up for City Council vote
- Jan. 30 – New Executive Chef Eric Cousin named at Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa
- Jan. 25 - Visit Savannah has strongest meeting and convention sales year to date
- Jan. 9 - Tickets to public for Savannah Book Festival go on sale Weds. Jan 11; Over 40 Authors this year
- Jan. 9 - Georgia International and Maritime Trade Center Authority to meet Weds.
- HOS Management breaks ground on new Aloft Hotel; Opening New Fairfield Inn & Suites and parking lot Monday
- Jan. 4 – Due to Court decisions that threaten to allow some short-term rentals, Council will consider new definition of a ‘Bed and Breakfast/Homestay'
- Mar. 2 - The Ronald McDonald House of the Coastal Empire Cornhole Tournament Set For March 11
- Dec. 2 - Chamber and LaunchSAVANNAH to host Holiday Oyster Roast Dec. 15
- Oct. 31 - Chamber Announces Rescheduled Bands in the Ballpark Event for Nov. 17
- Oct. 31 - 25th Anniversary Enmarket Savannah Bridge Run to be held Dec. 3
- Oct. 19 - SDRA to host Savannah Urbanism Series: Building Beauty in the Urban Environment on Oct. 20