Health & Hospitals
Category: Health & Hospitals
By Lou Phelps, Savannah Business Journal
February 22, 2017 – The Chatham County Commissioners will vote Friday on the re-appointment of Dr. Dan Deloach to the Chatham County Hospital Authority, founder of Savannah Plastic Surgery.
Dr. Deloach, a plastic surgeon, is a native of Georgia, grew up in the south Central area of the state, and received his M.D. degree from the Medical College of Georgia in Augusta. He moved to Savannah in 1974 to begin his postdoctoral education in the Surgery Residency Program at Memorial Medical Center.
Founded in 1980 by E.D. DeLoach, M.D. and Lawrence E. Ruf, M.D., Savannah Plastic Surgery is today one of the largest plastic surgery groups in the Southeast, and is not owned by Memorial Health, Inc. It is an independent medical practice.
Dr. Deloach is a founding member of the Georgia Southeastern Cleft Lip and Palate Clinic, the first such clinic in the Savannah area, and previously served two terms as Chief of Staff at Memorial Medical Center.
He is currently a member of the Board of Directors of the Medical Association of Georgia, and is a Clinical Professor of Surgery (Plastic) at Mercer University School of Medicine and Clinical Professor of Surgery (Plastic) at the Medical College of Georgia.
He is also a past President of the Georgia Society of Plastic Surgeons.
In 2016, he was named to the Memorial Health, Inc. Board of Directors, as one of the Chatham County Hospital Authority’s four appointees to that board.
Overall Rating (0)
- Mar. 2 - The Ronald McDonald House of the Coastal Empire Cornhole Tournament Set For March 11
- Dec. 2 - Chamber and LaunchSAVANNAH to host Holiday Oyster Roast Dec. 15
- Oct. 31 - Chamber Announces Rescheduled Bands in the Ballpark Event for Nov. 17
- Oct. 31 - 25th Anniversary Enmarket Savannah Bridge Run to be held Dec. 3
- Oct. 19 - SDRA to host Savannah Urbanism Series: Building Beauty in the Urban Environment on Oct. 20