Technology & Innovation
Category: Technology & Innovation
Savannah Business Journal Staff Report
April 17, 2017 - The Technology Association of Georgia (TAG), recently shared local findings from its annual State of the Industry: Technology in Georgia Report, which showed Savannah with the second highest score among the state's metro regions as it relates to innovation.
According to TAG President/CEO Larry Williams, the report's findings at this year's Tech Fest event on the campus of Armstrong State University is an annual event presented by the University's Department of Computer Science and Information Technology.
Savannah scored 94.4 on a new innovation index that measures five key categories of innovation for counties and metro areas in the U.S. These categories include Innovation inputs (Human Capital/ Knowledge Creation, Business Dynamics, and Business Profile) and innovation outputs (Employment and Productivity, and Economic Well-being). All are given equal weights of 20% each.
Other highlights from the TAG Report:
* The Savannah region grew key technical occupations in Computer Support, and Mechanical and Civil Engineers.
* The most difficult tech jobs to fill in Georgia are: Data Scientists, Big Data Modelers, Cybersecurity and Information Architects.
* GA technology wages grew at one of the fastest rates in the country from 2015 to 2016 at 6.73% - significantly above the national average growth rate.
The TAG 2017 State of the Industry: Technology in Georgia Report is TAG's annual industry report to benchmark the growth of Georgia's technology industry against previous years and other top technology states. This year's report continues to look at the key elements of success for Georgia's Technology Economy: Talent, Capital and Innovation, and allows visitors to interact with the data.
The complete report can be seen at http://tagstateoftheindustry.com/2017/.
An updated version of the Innovation Index can be found at : <http://tagstateoftheindustry.com/2017/innovation/innovation-index-2.0-georgia-msas.html>, included in the report as well as results from the TAG Technology Decision Makers Survey<http://tagstateoftheindustry.com/2017/primary-research/expectations-of-technology-workforce-growth.html>, where more than 300 respondents shared their views, experiences and opinions.
The full State of the Industry: Technology in Georgia Report can be found at: tagstateoftheindustry.com<http://www.tagstateoftheindustry.com>.
Overall Rating (0)
- Mar. 2 - The Ronald McDonald House of the Coastal Empire Cornhole Tournament Set For March 11
- Dec. 2 - Chamber and LaunchSAVANNAH to host Holiday Oyster Roast Dec. 15
- Oct. 31 - Chamber Announces Rescheduled Bands in the Ballpark Event for Nov. 17
- Oct. 31 - 25th Anniversary Enmarket Savannah Bridge Run to be held Dec. 3
- Oct. 19 - SDRA to host Savannah Urbanism Series: Building Beauty in the Urban Environment on Oct. 20