Banking & Finance
Category: Banking & Finance
Savannah Business Journal Staff Report
February 7, 2017 – United Community Banks, Inc. (NASDAQ: UCBI) (“United”) was recently recognized as one of America’s best performing banks by Forbes magazine for the fourth consecutive year. The article ranked 100 of the largest publicly traded banks and thrifts nationwide. United Community Bank was again included in this prestigious list.
“We are honored to be named to this respected list of high-performing banks again this year,” said Lynn Harton, President and Chief Operating Officer. “This particular recognition is meaningful to us because it rewards our efforts to be a financially stable and profitable bank while our team is also consistently recognized for commitment to customer service.”
For eight consecutive years, Forbes has ranked the nation’s 100 largest publicly- traded banks on ten metrics including return on average tangible equity, return on average assets, net interest margin, efficiency ratio and net charge-offs as a percent of total loans. The magazine also factored in nonperforming assets as a percent of assets, risk-based capital ratio and reserves as a percent of nonperforming assets.
United Community Banks, Inc. (NASDAQ: UCBI) is a registered bank holding company based in Blairsville, Georgia with $10.7 billion in assets.
The company’s banking subsidiary, United Community Bank, is one of the southeast region’s largest full-service banks, operating 139 offices in Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee
Overall Rating (0)
- Mar. 2 - The Ronald McDonald House of the Coastal Empire Cornhole Tournament Set For March 11
- Dec. 2 - Chamber and LaunchSAVANNAH to host Holiday Oyster Roast Dec. 15
- Oct. 31 - Chamber Announces Rescheduled Bands in the Ballpark Event for Nov. 17
- Oct. 31 - 25th Anniversary Enmarket Savannah Bridge Run to be held Dec. 3
- Oct. 19 - SDRA to host Savannah Urbanism Series: Building Beauty in the Urban Environment on Oct. 20