Banking & Finance
Category: Banking & Finance
Savannah Business Journal Staff Report
December 5, 2016 – Georgia’s leading taxation event, the annual conference is hosted by the Georgia Society of CPA’s, was held last week in Savannah from Nov. 30 to Dec. 1 at the Coastal Georgia Center in Savannah, Ga.
Ameris Bank was the Gold sponsor of the 2016 Georgia Tax Forum. “We are honored to support the Georgia Tax Forum and appreciate the opportunity to be a part of this initiative that strengthens and impacts our business community in such a positive way,” said Greater Savannah Market President Jenny Gentry.
Shelley Butler, branch manager of Ameris Bank’s Stephenson Avenue location, spoke with those in attendance regarding Ameris Bank’s continued support of the accounting industry within the Coastal Empire and how it directly impacts local financial institutions.
With keynote speakers from Dixon Hughes Goodman, Bravaldo Capital Advisors, and the Georgia Department of Revenue, the Georgia Tax Forum provided CPAs with the knowledge and skills essential to survival in the upcoming tax season.
The forum provided attendees with the opportunity to receive the most up-to-date information on changes in tax law, including the new DOL/FLSA overtime regulations, research and development, foreign compliance issues, leases, and IRS tax fraud.
Ameris Bank, headquartered in Moultrie, GA, has over $6 billion in assets.
Overall Rating (0)
- Mar. 2 - The Ronald McDonald House of the Coastal Empire Cornhole Tournament Set For March 11
- Dec. 2 - Chamber and LaunchSAVANNAH to host Holiday Oyster Roast Dec. 15
- Oct. 31 - Chamber Announces Rescheduled Bands in the Ballpark Event for Nov. 17
- Oct. 31 - 25th Anniversary Enmarket Savannah Bridge Run to be held Dec. 3
- Oct. 19 - SDRA to host Savannah Urbanism Series: Building Beauty in the Urban Environment on Oct. 20