Category: Entertainment Business
By Lou Phelps, Savannah Business Journal
April 3, 2017 – Love to coming to Savannah, with the announcement this week that the Hallmark Channel will be in Savannah to shoot a feature film for their exclusive movie channel, “Love at the Shore.”
A crew call has gone out from the company, seeking “all crew positions.
Starting just over a year ago, Hallmark’s television feature films are now produced by the company’s Crown Media Holdings. Hallmark now debuts its original productions only on its own television channel, as its brand has continued to grow. Previously, the company had also made movies that would premier on a network channel, and alter on the Hallmark Channel.
Principal photography is tentatively set for April 17 – May 5, according to the Savannah Film Office.
The story synopsis is a woman on vacation with her kids falls in love with her neighbor.
Location Management Symposium
And, the Savannah Area Film Office and the City of Savannah Permitting Office is holding a ‘symposium,’ open to the public, on April 21 at from 9:00 a.m. to noon at the Savannah Civic Center. Entitled ‘Location Management Symposium,’ attendees will learn about the rules and guidelines to gaining permits for productions, and police and support services the City and the Film Office have to offer.
There will be a panel discussion and the opportunity to network with local production managers.
Admission is free, but space is limited. Register online at http://bit.ly/2oS4J7L
Overall Rating (0)
- Mar. 2 - The Ronald McDonald House of the Coastal Empire Cornhole Tournament Set For March 11
- Dec. 2 - Chamber and LaunchSAVANNAH to host Holiday Oyster Roast Dec. 15
- Oct. 31 - Chamber Announces Rescheduled Bands in the Ballpark Event for Nov. 17
- Oct. 31 - 25th Anniversary Enmarket Savannah Bridge Run to be held Dec. 3
- Oct. 19 - SDRA to host Savannah Urbanism Series: Building Beauty in the Urban Environment on Oct. 20