Category: Entertainment Business
by Lou Phelps, Savannah Business Journal
March 20. 2017 - Kobalt Tools will be in Savannah this week to film a video series, another in a long line of successes in TV, film and ad agencies using the local area for production.
A sound person can be both a Boom Operator and a Mixer, and the posted rate for the job is $250 a day. The Production Assistant job, described to help with general on set duties, is posted as a rate of $170 a day.
The video series is just one in a long list of productions coming to Savannah this year. And, they often are seeking local contractors and support services.
Savannah Tech and other local schools have developed extensive training programs to train professionals to support the production industry in Savannah, a few local acting schools have sprung up to train those seeking to be in productions.
For more information on these and other opportunities, go to www.SavannahFilm.org, and register as a supplier, contractor or learn about training available.
Overall Rating (0)
- Mar. 2 - The Ronald McDonald House of the Coastal Empire Cornhole Tournament Set For March 11
- Dec. 2 - Chamber and LaunchSAVANNAH to host Holiday Oyster Roast Dec. 15
- Oct. 31 - Chamber Announces Rescheduled Bands in the Ballpark Event for Nov. 17
- Oct. 31 - 25th Anniversary Enmarket Savannah Bridge Run to be held Dec. 3
- Oct. 19 - SDRA to host Savannah Urbanism Series: Building Beauty in the Urban Environment on Oct. 20