National Business News
by Lou Phelps, Savannah Business Journal
December 1, 2016 - 3:00 p.m. - The SBJ has confirmed that former Congressman Jack Kingston is in New York City today in order to meet again with the Trump transition team, and possibly President-elect Donald Trump this week.
Trump is in Indiana this afternoon to celebrate the decision by Carrier air conditioning company, owned by United Technologies, who has agreed to keep 1,100 jobs in Indiana that had been planned to be moved to Mexico, a plant closing announcing last February. It has been announced that Trump will then be traveling to an event this evening in Ohio.
President-elect Trump continues to meet daily with a number of individuals about possible Cabinet and administration positions. Kingston, who was Congressman for the GA-1 district for 22 years, is not a lobbyist, living in Washington, DC.
The SBJ as reached out to our former Congressman to learn more about his visit, and the any possible positions in a Trump administration under discussion.
Also set to meet with Trump tomorrow, on Friday, Dec. 2, is Georgia U.S. Senator David Perdue, according to a report today by the AJC in Atlanta.
On Monday, Georgia Congressman Tom Price was named as Trump's nominee for Secretary of Health & Human Services, which will open up an appointment by Gov. Deal for his seat, if Price is confirmed.
Last week, Kingston posted a photo of himself with the Vice President-elect and Jared Kushner in NYC at the transition team's NYC offices.
Former Gov. Perdue met with Trump earlier in the week, as well.
- SBJ SPECIAL REPORT: Federal Government ramping up resources for Georgia, South Carolina and other Hurricane-Affected states. FEMA team now here in Chatham County
- May 5 - FDA announces regulations on e-cigarettes, cigars and pipes
- Aug. 6 - Dept. of Labor proposal will significantly raise salary threshold for Salaried, Non-Exempt Workers in 2016
- June 18 – Congressman Carter votes for foreign trade bill that provides Congressional oversight, informs the public
- Nov. 26 - SBA Partners with National Restaurant Association to Boost Dining Out on Small Business Saturday
- Oct. 17 - Chambliss and Isakson Call for Restricted Travel From Ebola-Affected Nations in West Africa to U.S.
- House of Representatives Clears $287B Tax Break for Business
- Jul 2 - House Bill 60 Goes Into Effect: A Reminder that Firearms are prohibited in Airports as Carry-ons.
- Georgia Senators and Representatives Weigh in on Bipartisan Plan to Reopen Government, Prevent Default
- Sept. 13 - Statement by Democratic Party of Georgia Chair DuBose Porter on the 19th Anniversary of the Violence Against Women Act
- June 28 - Isakson, Chambliss Vote ‘No’ on Immigration Legislation
- June 25 - Chambliss, Isakson Oppose Ending Debate on Immigration Amendment
- May 15 - Small-business Optimism Up Slightly but Owners Remain Uneasy
- Jan. 31 - Georgia Lawmakers Join National Call on President Obama to Prioritize Climate Change
- Jan. 10 - HUD Secretary Donovan to Host Roundtable with Georgia Housing Leaders
- Mar. 2 - The Ronald McDonald House of the Coastal Empire Cornhole Tournament Set For March 11
- Dec. 2 - Chamber and LaunchSAVANNAH to host Holiday Oyster Roast Dec. 15
- Oct. 31 - Chamber Announces Rescheduled Bands in the Ballpark Event for Nov. 17
- Oct. 31 - 25th Anniversary Enmarket Savannah Bridge Run to be held Dec. 3
- Oct. 19 - SDRA to host Savannah Urbanism Series: Building Beauty in the Urban Environment on Oct. 20