South Carolina /Lowcountry News
Category: South Carolina / Lowcountry News
Savannah Business Journal Staff Report
September 26, 2016 - The Bluffton Jasper Volunteers in Medicine (BJVIM) has kicked off its Annual Campaign with a donation of $1,000 from Nimmer Turf. BJVIM officials decided to start the Annual Appeal early this year to better accommodate the fiscal calendar.
“As a free clinic, we don’t charge for our services. We depend on grants. Fundraisers and annual giving are our only sources of income,” explained Pam Toney, executive director of BJVIM, adding that the Annual Campaign helps with daily medical services and clinic supplies.
The goal this year is to raise $100,000 — funds which will help “2,775 patients who call the clinic their medical home,” Toney said. “The community has been so helpful, so supportive in the last five years.”
BJVIM officials opened a second free clinic in Ridgeland in June. Initially, the Ridgeland clinic will offer primary care, but patients also will be able to receive gynecological services, cardiology, endocrinology, diabetic care, and nutrition at the Bluffton location.
Toney said the public is welcome to donate to the Annual Campaign by dropping a check off at the Burnt Church Road clinic in Bluffton or at the Ridgeland clinic. To donate online, visit www.bjvim.org/howtodonate.
Several upcoming events in the area will help BJVIM’s fundraising efforts, including:
• Inaugural Chippin’ In Golf Tournament — 12:30 p.m. Monday, October 3, at Hampton Hall Golf Course, Bluffton; Cost: $150; Info/Registration: bjvim.org/chippin-in/
• Evening By The River — Thursday, October 13, at The Pine House in Old Town Bluffton; Tickets: $100
The Bluffton Jasper County Volunteers in Medicine provides medical services free of charge to individuals who are without health insurance, live or work in Greater Bluffton or Jasper County and qualify based on income
Overall Rating (0)
- Mar. 2 - The Ronald McDonald House of the Coastal Empire Cornhole Tournament Set For March 11
- Dec. 2 - Chamber and LaunchSAVANNAH to host Holiday Oyster Roast Dec. 15
- Oct. 31 - Chamber Announces Rescheduled Bands in the Ballpark Event for Nov. 17
- Oct. 31 - 25th Anniversary Enmarket Savannah Bridge Run to be held Dec. 3
- Oct. 19 - SDRA to host Savannah Urbanism Series: Building Beauty in the Urban Environment on Oct. 20