South Carolina /Lowcountry News
Last Updated on Wednesday, 07 December 2016 09:47 SBJ Editor Wednesday, 07 December 2016 09:47 Published on Wednesday, 07 December 2016 09:47 Hits: 36
Savannah Business Journal Staff Report
December 7, 2016 - Callawassie island recently announced their five-year partnership with the Big East Conference to host the Ladies’ and Men’s Golf Championships.
Callawassie Island is known for their private, award-winning, championship 27-hole Tom Fazio-designed course. They have hosted the Big East Men’s Championships for the past 3 years, and 2017 will be their second year hosting the Ladies’ Championships. The Men’s Big East Championship will be held from April 29 through May 2, 2017, and the Women’s Big East Championship will be held from April 20 through April 23, 2017.
“Callawassie Island Golf Club has been a great home for Big East golf for the past three years and we are very excited to be extending this relationship through 2022. The course itself is one of the top courses that our student-athletes play on all year and it makes for an outstanding setting for the Championships," said Chris Schneider, Associate Commissioner for Olympic Sports. "However, Callawassie is much more than just an exceptional course. It is the professional staff and members that have made our past championships so memorable. The people at Callawassie Island make it such a special place.”
Both the Women’s and Men’s Championship will include Butler University, Creighton University, Georgetown University, St. John’s University, Seton Hall University and Xavier University. In addition, the Men’s Championship will include DePaul University, Marquette University and Villanova University.
For more information, visit CallawassieIsland.com.
Comment (0) Hits: 36
- Oct. 10 – Beaufort to ramp up use of Social Media for Hurricane damage imagery
- Sept. 26 – Nimmer Turf helps kick off Bluffton Jasper Volunteers in Medicine’s Annual Appeal
- July 1 - Aviation Journalist Bill Garvey, Astronaut Winston Scott to keynote Third Annual SC Aerospace Conf.
- May 20 - Sunbelt Rentals, Inc. Expanding Operations in York County with $8 mil investment
- May 20 - Blackbaud to expand headquarters in Berkeley County; Will create 300 jobs
- May 12 - Southeast Frozen Foods expanding Calhoun County ops with additional $6 million investment, 30 jobs
- May 12 - Viva Holdings Group, Inc. launching operations In Berkeley County with $28 mil and 200 jobs investment
- May 11 - thyssenkrupp Industrial Services coming to Charleston for new Lowcountry facility
- Jan. 28 – S.C. lands big fish: Rite Aid selects Spartanburg for new distribution center; will create nearly 600 new jobs
- Jan. 28 - Gov. Nikki Haley and state officials tout Pplan to make South Carolina competitive
- Jan. 13 – A Republican party leader, official portrait of Gov. Nikki Haley unveiled
- July 25 - Palmetto Dunes to host three USTA SC Championships Through 2016
- Dec. 18 - Visitor Center to Host Holiday Open House
- Nov. 27 - Beaufort Regional Chamber Supports Small Business Saturday
- Nov. 19 - Haig Point Residents Use Sports to Come Together for Local Charity Causes
- Dec. 2 - Chamber and LaunchSAVANNAH to host Holiday Oyster Roast Dec. 15
- Oct. 31 - Chamber Announces Rescheduled Bands in the Ballpark Event for Nov. 17
- Oct. 31 - 25th Anniversary Enmarket Savannah Bridge Run to be held Dec. 3
- Oct. 19 - SDRA to host Savannah Urbanism Series: Building Beauty in the Urban Environment on Oct. 20
- Oct. 18 - 10th Annual Chamber Cup Golf Tournament Scheduled for Nov. 18