Liberty / Long Business News
Category: Liberty / Long Business News
Liberty County Health Department Hosting WIC Farmers Market
June 25, 2013 – If you are a WIC client who lives in Liberty County, The Liberty County Health Department invites you to take advantage of the opportunity to purchase fresh fruits and vegetables at the WIC Farmers Market Tuesday, June 25 and Wednesday, June 26.
The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children, popularly known as WIC, provides supplemental foods, health care referrals and nutrition education at no cost to low-income pregnant, breastfeeding and non-breastfeeding post-partum women, and to infants and children up to 5 years of age, who are found to be at nutritional risk.
The WIC Farmers Market is an extension of the Farmers' Market Nutrition Program (FMNP) which is funded by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA).
The goal of the FMNP is to provide fresh, nutritious, locally grown fruits and vegetables from farmers’ markets to low-income families. Each eligible family can receive vouchers to purchase fresh fruits, vegetables, and cut herbs at WIC-approved Certified Farmers’ Markets.
Food distribution will be from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. The WIC Farmers Market will be held in the back parking lot of the Liberty County Health Department, 1113 E. Oglethorpe Highway in Hinesville.
Overall Rating (0)
- Mar. 2 - The Ronald McDonald House of the Coastal Empire Cornhole Tournament Set For March 11
- Dec. 2 - Chamber and LaunchSAVANNAH to host Holiday Oyster Roast Dec. 15
- Oct. 31 - Chamber Announces Rescheduled Bands in the Ballpark Event for Nov. 17
- Oct. 31 - 25th Anniversary Enmarket Savannah Bridge Run to be held Dec. 3
- Oct. 19 - SDRA to host Savannah Urbanism Series: Building Beauty in the Urban Environment on Oct. 20