Liberty / Long Business News
Category: Liberty / Long Business News
June 3, 2013 – Project Homeless Connect will be holding an outreach event for homeless and at risk individuals in the Liberty County area on Saturday June 8, 2013.
The event is sponsored by the Hinesville Homeless Prevention Program in conjunction with the City of Hinesville, Liberty County Homeless Coalition, Townsend Family Dental, Aire Serv Heating and Air, Unique Social Club, A-1 Discount Flooring, Lynette’s Professional Cleaning Service and The Heritage Bank.
Billed as a “One day, one stop, one shop for the Homeless and At Risk”, the event will feature a wide variety of services, including free haircuts, food distribution, clothing and shoes, health and dental services (including HIV/AIDS and STD screening), and lunch provided by Café Connect.
Local volunteers will also be on hand to offer information concerning mental and emotional health, employment assistance, substance abuse prevention, prescription assistance, veteran’s benefits information, domestic violence aid, housing information, financial and consumer credit counseling, community advocacy and legislative assistance, legal assistance and notary services, and adult education and GED program information. Door prizes will also be awarded, and there will be face painting and a children’s book giveaway for the kids.
The event will be held from 12-2:00 p.m. at the Mt. Zion Community Center, 1370 Shaw Road, in Hinesville.
For more information, please call 912-876-6573.
Overall Rating (0)
- Mar. 2 - The Ronald McDonald House of the Coastal Empire Cornhole Tournament Set For March 11
- Dec. 2 - Chamber and LaunchSAVANNAH to host Holiday Oyster Roast Dec. 15
- Oct. 31 - Chamber Announces Rescheduled Bands in the Ballpark Event for Nov. 17
- Oct. 31 - 25th Anniversary Enmarket Savannah Bridge Run to be held Dec. 3
- Oct. 19 - SDRA to host Savannah Urbanism Series: Building Beauty in the Urban Environment on Oct. 20