Liberty / Long Business News
Aug. 6, 2013 – Troy Bader, COO of International Dairy Queen, Inc.; and Zuberk Malek, operator of the Glennville DQ Grill & Chill® restaurant, 403 N. Downing Musgrove Highway, Glennville, will help make miracles for hospitalized children during the eighth annual Dairy Queen Miracle Treat Day. Proceeds from Blizzard sales at Malek’s DQ Grill & Chill restaurant will be donated to Children's Hospital at Memorial University Medical Center. The hospital is part of Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals, a charity that raises funds for 170 children’s hospitals across the United States and Canada.
Miracle Treat Day will be held all day on Thursday, Aug. 8. The original Oreo®* will be the featured Miracle Treat Day Blizzard of the Day. The Oreo Blizzard Treat still holds the title as the most popular Blizzard flavor since the Blizzard Treat burst onto the scene in 1985. New flavor Tripleberry Brownie, which is made with rich choco chunks, Orange Julius® Tripleberry fruit puree and chewy brownie pieces, is the Blizzard of the Month for August in the U.S.; and in Canada it is Caramel Chip Cheesecake, which is made with delicious cheesecake pieces, choco chunks and smooth caramel topping, all blended with creamy vanilla soft serve. All other Blizzard Treat flavors will also be available that day.
The Dairy Queen system is one of the top 10 contributors to Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals, having raised more than $97 million since 1984. Last year Dairy Queen locations across the United States and Canada raised nearly $5 million on Miracle Treat Day.
- Liberty County Health Department Hosting WIC Farmers Market
- Army Restructuring to Impact Fort Stewart
- Project Homeless Connect Holding Outreach Event in Hinesville
- Liberty County to Hold Community Health Expo 2013 on June 1
- June 26 - CenturyLink Wins Fort Stewart Army Base Contract Company to Provide $2.1 Million in Telecommunications Services
- Aug. 15 - Hunter Army Airfield and Fort Stewart to Hold Job Fairs on Aug. 17 and 18
- July 13 - Savannah Jaycees 2016 Charity Date Night Auction will be held at Club One Aug. 4
- June 24 - Savannah Jaycees Will Host Social to Introduce Charity Date Night Auction Participants on June 30
- June 13 - The 2016 Business Expo & Awards Banquet will take place this Thursday, June 16
- June 7 - Savannah Jaycees Clean Tybee Park and Host “Day at the Park” June 11